October Monthly Meeting – Waste Management
Date: Wed, 16 October 2019
Time: 12:00pm – 14:00pm
Location: One Trinity Green, Eldon Street, South Shields, NE33 1SA
For our AMF October monthly meeting we will hear from Biffa Waste Management to find out what really happens to our commercial waste once it is taken away.
What can we do to make sure as much of our waste as possible can be reduced, recycled or re-used/re-processed?
Are there alternatives to some of your packaging/products that could help reduce cost and be more environmentally friendly?
We will also hear from local packaging manufacturer, LV Packaging on the alternatives to plastic packaging and one use packaging developed for their customers using cardboard and wood which is all manufactured at their Jarrow site. LV also utilise a bio mass boiler powered by the waste materials from the manufacturing process to help further reduce costs and environmental impact.
- 12:00-12:30 – Arrival, lunch, networking
- 12:30-12:45 – Introduction, manufacturing update and future events
- 12:45 – 13:15 – Biffa Waste Management – Reduce Waste, Reduce Cost
- 13:15 – 13:30 – LV Packaging – Alternative Packaging & Sustainability
- 13:30 – 13:45 – Q&A
- 13:45 – 1400 – AOB/Networking
* Spaces are limited for this event and priority will be given to members. Non-members are welcome to attend unless the event is oversubscribed or there is a conflict with one of our delivery partners.
Book your place here.