November Monthly Meeting – Akzo Nobel
Date: Wed, 20 November 2019
Time: 12:00 – 14:00
Location: Akzo Nobel, Oakwood Way, Ashington, NE63 9YW
Our November AMF monthly meeting will be hosted at AkzoNobel in Ashington where we will be given a site tour and an overview of the operations that go on within the plant.
The hi-tech facility – which cost more than €100m to build – represents the largest ever global investment by the business, and the site in Ashington has become the new centre of production for Dulux, the UK’s leading decorative paint brand.
The Ashington plant uses a variety of renewable energy sources, including photovoltaic cells and a biomass boiler, alongside a highly automated manufacturing process that saves water, waste, and energy. The company estimates that the carbon footprint per litre of paint produced at the site will be reduced by 50% compared with the production facilities at the plants it is replacing.
We will also hear from AMF member ADLINK IoT on how they deliver increased operational efficiency and unleash the true value of data. We will be shown a demonstration of data capture and analytics in real-time as data is captured on a conveyor system and used to make better decisions.
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Arrival, networking, and lunch
- 12:30 – 12:45 – Chairman Introduction, manufacturers round-up
- 12:45 – 13:15 – AkzoNobel – An example of Manufacturing Excellence
- 13:15 – 13:35 – ADLINK IoT, “Internet of Things and using the data”
- 13:35 – 14:00 – Site tour of AkzoNobel plant
- 14:00 – CLOSE
* Spaces are limited for this event and priority will be given to members. Non-members are welcome to attend unless the event is oversubscribed or there is a conflict with one of our delivery partners.
Book your place here.